18.7.12

My 100th Cartoon for the Mercury

Well, here it is. My 100th cartoon for the Mercury! I know, as far as political cartoon careers go, it's a small milestone. Hopefully it's one of many more to come.

The story behind this cartoon is about the Mount Wellington Task Force working to get development on the summit of the mountain. And that there was also a van up there selling coffee.

At the moment, there's heaps of debate about building a cable car to ferry tourists up and down the mountain. Purists don't want it. Practically everyone else is gung ho about it, though.

Personally, I've always liked the solitude of the Mount Wellington summit. It always reminds me of a real life Myst what with its strange walkways and constant wind. But, progress is progress. Change is inevitable. I just hope I don't see any empty coffee cups littered about the place next time I'm up there.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Congratulations on the milestone. Here's to a billion more! :D