9.10.12

I Won't Cooperate Until They Cooperate!

If you live in Tasmania and are somewhat concerned about the forests and/or the forest industry, then you are probably sick of the on and off again Forestry Peace Talks - where leaders of major environmental groups and leaders of major forestry groups chuck tantrums and say they have to leave for a few weeks while they cool down.

Now the latest news is that they've all decided to agree that they'll definitely for sure (maybe) come up with a resolution as long as things go according to each of their individual plans. No one in Tasmania is holding their breath.


And now for something completely different:

I've got a really cool project up on a site called Pozible. (It's very similar to kickstarter.com in the states.) I'm trying to get myself to the Stanley Awards - which is like the Oscars for aussie cartoonists. Or, maybe it's more like the Golden Globes. Or maybe not at all. Who knows? I certainly don't. I've never been to the Stanleys.

What I do know is that there's gonna be a LOT of very talented people there and I would really like to meet some of them. It's one of those things where I'm sure I'll learn a ton of great information and make a few great contacts, too.

And to get me there, I'm selling some zines and some watercoloured drawings of dinosaurs acting like parliamentary politicians. Oh, and I've got an option for a doodled-on postcard, too.

So, click on the big link to the left and you can watch the corny little video that I patched together from various public domain movies. And, you know, maybe donate a few dollars? Please?




No comments: